Niblack Insurance Services, LLC  -
RSS

Recent Posts

Why do you need to buy life insurance?

Categories

Insurance Food for Thought
powered by

My Blog

Why do you need to buy life insurance?

Why do you need to buy life insurance?

I get strange looks sometimes from friends and family members when they find out I have life insurance for my young children. I know, it does sound a little morbid. No one is saying I am expecting my kids to die young. But, let's stop and think about it. Typically the younger a person is, the less likely they are to develop a serious illness or condition that may prevent them from securing coverage as an adult. Also, the younger you are when the policy is purchase, often the premium is lower. Taking this into account, I think it's a great gift to your loved ones to purchase a whole life policy for each of your children around their first birthday. They may never appreciate it, but someday, someone will. In eighty years $50,000 may not be much, but it should at the very least take the burden off my future grandchildren to pay for final expense. Also, if heaven forbid one of my children did die at a young age, his sibling would have a college fund. Many plans can be paid in full in a short amount of time, so that after a seven year period, there are no more premiums to pay. Something to consider.

As for adults, I always say that the time to buy life insurance is now, not later. Even one year in age difference can cost a tremendous amount more in premium. I encourage young parents to consider a thirty year term policy. Often a young parent in good health can secure a $500,000 20 year term policy for roughly $50 a month. Now, in thirty years that policy runs out and there will be nothing to show for it. BUT, if you die while your children are young and dependent upon you, your spouse or child's guardian will have the ability to care for your child(ren) financially.

And what about my house? What would you do if your spouse died and you relied on their income to pay your mortgage? Did you know you can purchase mortgage protection insurance? This is basically a life insurance policy written for amount of your current mortgage balance. As the years pass and your mortgage decreases, so does your coverage. In the even you die, your house would be paid for.

Some still don't see the value of life insurance. The monthly costs, the fact that you might have to cancel it down the road and walk away with little or no money. Why not set that money aside each month yourself? These are all valid thoughts and sometimes, for some clients, the cost of coverage could outweigh the potential benefit. However, you have to remember, insurance is all about paying for what COULD happen. I sure hope that I don't die within the next 25 years that are left of my term policy and that I don't ever have to see the benefit of one of my sons life insurance proceeds, BUT if it did, I sure would be glad I did chose to purchase coverage.

What do you think? Do you and everyone in your family have life insurance? Have you ever thought about it? Maybe NOW is the time to weigh all your options.

14 Comments to Why do you need to buy life insurance?:

Comments RSS
Grady Howard on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:51 AM
Have not any doubt about life insurance. I've one life insurance and I know how significant to do a life insurance for anyone and his/her family security. Thanks

dental implants cost on Friday, June 06, 2014 6:34 PM
Some%20still%20don't%20see%20the%20value%20of%20life%20insurance.%20The%20monthly%20costs%2C%20the%20fact%20that%20you%20might%20have%20to%20cancel%20it%20down%20the%20road%20and%20walk%20away%20with%20little%20or%20no%20money.%20Why%20not%20set%20that%20money%20aside%20each%20month%20yourself%3F%20These%20are%20all%20valid%20thoughts%20and%20sometimes%2C%20for%20some%20clients%2C%20the%20cost%20of%20coverage%20could%20outweigh%20the%20potential%20benefit.%20However%2C%20you%20have%20to%20remembe

Gustavo Alfie on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:00 AM
What an effective post!! I'm pleased to read your post about the importance of life insurance indeed. Infect my personal opinion is insurance is mostly needed for our life and I've an insurance policy on my health and auto. Thanks for sharing this lovely post!!

Forex Tips on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:22 PM
Essay writing is a perfect possibility for your tutors to evaluate your current level of knowledge of the chosen field of study that is why you should strain every nerve when accomplishing this assignment.
Reply to comment

Nike Air Max 87 womens shoes White Gray and Blue Leopard on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:00 AM
Shoes is the key that old people it to offer fad and quality. But this year 5 summer nike 180 's popular the mens nike air max 2009 is not right . vast air max shoes assume traditional val and the avant-garde Shoes . one example is Nike Air Max 24_7 Neno White Purple and Nike Air Max TN Womens Shoes White and Black
Reply to comment

air max 2013 new snake with irresistible light Manolo Blahnik on Friday, June 28, 2013 6:03 AM
nike air max shoes nike air max 2011 is a legend in the fashion world. The called air max ltd not means as it word's meaning but lucky . The standard of nike air max shoes air max 87 appraisal is as the doctors becoming modeled for new air max . Compared to other luxury brands with nike air max 2010 womens , several all-new Shoes has strong art at

Philadelphia Public Adjuster on Monday, July 08, 2013 1:57 AM
The main objective of a life insurance plan is to replace loss of income should an earning member of the family die unexpectedly. I want to know more about insurance. Can you please give some more points on it? Thanks.

Commodity Tips on Tuesday, July 16, 2013 10:02 PM
For the first time in many years the flood map of Charleston has been revamped. . Home buyers should make themselves aware of changes thought the Insurance companies .

Starwit on Saturday, November 09, 2013 11:15 PM
the most people everyone know

Tom Mike on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 1:20 AM
Your take on the subject is wonderful. I personally fully agree with your opinion. Hope to read more on this topic to increase my knowledge in this field.So keep shearing.

Ishumasih on Tuesday, April 01, 2014 3:58 AM
What a nice article! Very useful information has been shared. You really did an awesome work. Thank you so much. Request you to keep sharing in future also

Diane Crugar on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 8:18 AM
Defensive driving courses are an easy way to achieve an extra discount. They can also help keep a ticket from showing up and messing up your clean driving record. Make sure to call us before taking the class if you're using it for a discount so we can verify that your policy qualifies Insurance quote Mesa

link on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 12:37 PM
have a great deal to gain?

Random Name on Wednesday, July 16, 2014 2:19 AM
door having a reliable lock?